NIAF Estate Giving
Your gift will leave your lasting legacy, supporting our Foundation and our community in perpetuity.
Leave your legacy
There will come a time in all our lives when we consider how we want to leave our legacy. Your life’s accomplishments are important to celebrate and honor. A charitable gift to the Naples Italian American Foundation is such a way to cement your legacy. Charitable gifts, including long-range estate and financial planning, can be a great way for you to provide support for our Foundation and our community. It is possible to “Leave a Legacy” while potentially minimizing taxes and settlement costs and conserving more of your estate for loved ones.
What are the easiest ways to leave my legacy?
There are many ways to make an estate bequest. Here are two very straightforward types of giving:
- Bequests – A bequest is a gift made through a will or living trust. Bequests may be stated as a percentage of your estate, as the residual of your estate or a specific dollar amount. Here is some suggested language as a starting point for your attorney:
- Unrestricted – “I hereby bequeath $ to Naples Italian American Foundation, 7035 Airport Pulling Rd. N, Naples FL 34109 to be used for purposes as deemed appropriate by the Foundation’s board of directors.”
- Restricted – “I hereby bequeath $ to Naples Italian American Foundation, 7035 Airport Pulling Rd. N, Naples FL 34109 to be used in the following manner: , in accordance with the Foundation’s overall objectives .”
- Contingent – “Provided that my final estate valuation is greater than $ , I hereby bequeath $ to Naples Italian American Foundation, 7035 Airport Pulling Rd. N, Naples FL 34109to be used for purposes as deemed appropriate by the Foundation’s board of directors.”
- Retirement Accounts and Insurance Policies – You can name the Foundation as beneficiary of a retirement account (401k or IRA) or a life insurance policy and secure important tax benefits. Just list the beneficiary as Naples Italian American Foundation, Inc, tax ID # 20-5045417.
What should I do first?
Please contact NIAF@niafoundation.org and we’ll step through your options. Or simply inform us of the bequest once it’s made.
If you would like to download a copy of the above, please click here.
Why is it important to consider an estate plan?
An estate plan gift is a powerful tool that can provide a way for you to help secure your own financial future and the financial future of NIAF. It can help you make larger gifts than you ever dreamed possible. Some estate plan gifts can provide you with income for life.
When is the best time to include NIAF in my estate plan?
Now! Let us talk to you about making a planned gift to support NIAF and becoming a life-long partner in advancing our mission. None of us know when our time runs out. That means the time to do this is now.
Each of the deferred giving types is closely regulated by law and requires special arrangements and tax treatment. Naples Italian American Foundation, Inc. can work with you and your attorney to ensure your wishes are documented correctly.
Naples Italian American Foundation,Inc. a 501(c)(3) tax exempt organization
Tax ID: 20-5045417